Veterans benefits such as the ones listed below will provide financial support for
education for veterans for a variety of educational programs. Forty-three percent of
all military veterans attending college are enrolled in community colleges. The educational benefits available at Northland Pioneer College are:
• The Montgomery GI Bill – For veterans who served before September 11, 2001.
• The Post-9/11 GI Bill – For most veterans who qualify, this is a more generous package of
educational benefits that also includes a housing allowance and books/supplies stipend.
• Reserve Educational Assistance – For members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency.
• Survivor and Dependents Assistance – Provides education and training opportunities to spouses, sons and daughters of certain veterans.
• Vocational Rehabilitation – Assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
Essential College and Career Resources for Veterans
1. GI Jobs: Your Guide to Post-Military Success • www.gijobs.com – Resources for veterans who are getting ready to return to college or enter the job market. Find information about veterans college benefits, occupations and salaries along with tips for interviewing, resume writing and job hunting.
2. Student Veterans of America • www.studentveterans.org – Support and resources for veterans attending college. 500 chapters nationwide.
3. Military.com • www.military.com – Connects service members, families and veterans to a wide range of services and benefits from discounts and mentors to government benefits and scholarships.
4. My Next Move for Veterans • www.mynextmove.org/vets – Research your next career and determine how your military experience translates into civilian employment.
5. GI Bill • www.gibill.va.gov – Determine which veterans education benefit is right for you and apply online.
6. NPC Veterans Educational Benefits Office • www.npc.edu/veteran-services – The Veterans Educational Benefits Certifying Official, Beth Batson, will help guide you through NPC’s enrollment process. Call her at (800) 266-7845, ext. 7469.